F.P.A. will usually undertake the role of prime installation contractor and execute the following work in the course of a project:
”The practice of initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria at the specified time”
- Provide dedicated project management and technical support.
- Discuss with client and develop accurate overall planning of the activities and agree reporting procedures and timescales.
- Prepare Method Statements and Risk Assessment.
- Check and Report upon accuracy of civil foundations.
- Liaise with shipping transport companies.
- Arrange and co-ordinate any transport requirement.
- Unload and check condition of equipment – report on condition.
- Remove packing and waste material from site, including degreasing and protection of client floor.
- Arrange and co-ordinate internal movements of the equipment.
- Carry out heavy lift/or erection.
- Carry out electrical and mechanical installation in line with agreed procedures.
- Provide for sourcing and purchase of any materials and ancillary equipment to include fabrications.
- On completion of the installation, carry out safety checks and dry cycle commissioning on line with accepted engineering procedures.